Wednesday, June 3, 2009

{little update}

We are still here and gestating, now at 15.5 weeks. Last weekend I got to debut my little bump in a super cute actual maternity dress passed on to me by my friend Gissel. Of course, I forgot to get a picture! At the party for which I wore said dress, I got my first taste of complete strangers touching my belly and I have been quite surprised to find that it doesn't bother me like I thought it would (so far at least!). On the baby forums I read the vast majority of mamas-to-be seem ready to bite off the hands of those stupid enough to touch the belly. I thought it would make me uncomfortable but it was all ok! I also bought some maternity jeans last weekend. Finally, so stretchy and so comfortable! And plenty of room to grow :)

The cloth diaper planning is coming along. I told Danny that since the baby will be in our room and I don't have a nursery to obsess over, I will nest by obsessing over our stash. I have chosen the prefolds and will probably get some flats too, just to try out. I have all our covers and pocket dipes picked out. Once we find out the sex we will probably make some color adjustments but for the most part we will stay gender-neutral so we can use them for future children. A coworker of mine generously gave us two very nice sized pockets her son has outgrown. It is so nice to know a person in real life who is cd-ing! Everyone else I've talked to about it is online.

People always talk about the crazy pregnancy hormones that make women psychotic and unreasonable. I have had only one brief brush with those hormones. I have instead been riding a wave of beautiful, lovey-dovey, mushy-gushy feelings. The world is beautiful through this set of hormones. It's like everything is lit in soft light, with slight slow motion and a nice golden wash. I love it. I love you. I love my life. Thank you pregnancy.

That's pretty much what's new around here. My 16-week appointment is on Monday and we should be able to hear Omelette on the doppler then. We are very excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment