Wednesday, June 10, 2009

{16 weeks}

Danny and I went in for my 16-week prenatal visit on Monday. It was another quickie appointment, and I have to say that when you go to the doctor and all they make you do is roll up your shirt a little, it's a much more pleasant experience! This visit ended up being quite the sequel to the last one in that everything that happened seemed to be related to the issues I had the last time I went.

At my 12 week appointment, they told me I had gained seven pounds in four weeks. I did not feel that I had gained nearly that much and I also was pretty sure the girl didn't weigh me correctly. The slider wasn't all the way in the 150 notch, plus she was the same one that told me I was due on November 31, the day that doesn't exist . Well this time they told me I had lost two pounds, leaving my net gain since eight weeks at five pounds. Dr. C was concerned that I wasn't eating well, which I assured him was not the case. I tried to tell him my little conspiracy theory about the scale and he didn't seem too interested in my meaningless problems, so I assured him I was and would be eating plenty of food and that seemed to appease him.

Next up, we finally got a good heartbeat on the doppler this time! I was so glad that Danny was there to hear it too. Since I work with newborns the extremely fast fetal heart rate wasn't unusual to me, but it was so amazing to hear that quick little hearbeat and know that it is our baby I am hearing. Sigh. I'm having a little Hallmark moment here.

My final issue which I know I covered at great length in an earlier post is my worries about Dr. C. I made an early appointment this time in hopes that he wouldn't be so rushed, and somehow my little plan worked. Short as my visit was, he actually made eye contact and addressed Danny too. This was very encouraging. However, I have saved the best news for last (drum roll, please...): Dr. M is coming back in July!!!! I am so glad! I was really hoping I wouldn't have to see an OB I did not choose throughout my entire pregnancy. Dr. M. is so nice and I am so relieved!

I can't believe that we're almost 17 weeks already. Time is flying by. Next up on the list of things to do are talking to my manager at work about filling out my disability forms and getting all of those ducks in a row as well as scheduling our birth classes at the hospital. Our nephews Jacob and Dakota are coming out in a few weeks and my mom is coming out in July for the big ultrasound. That, by the way, is on July 14. Danny and I are in such suspense to find out if Omelette is a boy or a girl! So we have some busy times ahead of us. November is getting closer and closer!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to find out! happy about dr m. i know that makes you feel better=)

    ReplyDelete