Saturday, May 16, 2009

{Catchup}

So here is what's been going on the past few months...

We got our BFP (big fat positive) on March 27. By that time I had some experience with home pregnancy tests and the negatives were always so disappointing. So this time around I decided to be patient and not take tests early. I was so patient (and with other factors) that when I tested there was absolutely no question that it was positive! I saw the first line, then the second line, and then I spent a few seconds double checking what I was seeing and started screaming! Danny said later he knew as soon as I started screaming that we were pregnant. It was a beautiful moment, the elation, the reassurance, the expectation already taking hold. At first I thought I wasn't very far along but I was in fact already 6 weeks pregnant at that point.

We told our families right away, as well as our close and newly-parented friends Luis and Gissel. I have been getting lots of advice from everyone (thanks!) and I am already asking my mom and Gissel lots of questions about everything.

I was on jury duty (shoutout to my dept 309 peeps!) at the time that we found out and I had already noticed that I was having a harder time eating breakfast each morning and the subway was making me nauseated when it hadn't before. I guess I was too afraid to hope that those were early pregnancy symptoms but now I knew why! I told my fellow jurors our news and they were so nice to me in those early weeks. I started falling asleep during testimony and they would wake me up if the judge was looking my way, they asked questions and shared in my excitement, and made that time of cautious excitement so much fun.

We had our first appointment with the OB at 8 weeks and got to see our baby on the ultrasound.
It was amazing to see the heartbeat! I also noticed some things about my OB that will have to wait for another post (and trust me, I have a lot to say about him), but let's just say that I didn't pick him, he is covering for my regular OB who is out on medical leave (please come back sooooooooon!).

I have been blessed to have very few symptoms: some nausea, food aversions, and fatigue. They were uncomfortable but I know many women who have experienced much worse so I am not complaining! Around 10 weeks they started fading and now I feel pretty good. This may sound vain but one of the hardest things has been the pregnancy pudge. Don't get me wrong, I can.not.wait to get my belly. But right now and for the past few weeks I pretty much just look fat. I have some "belly" shots but I'm not posting anything until they are legitimate baby belly!

In week 11 we went for the first trimester screening (well, I went for the blood draw and Danny came with for the ultrasound) which I guess they do for everybody now. The ultrasound was great, the baby looked perfect and we got a pic. The labs are still pending but I am sure they are fine too. We have already scheduled the "big" u/s for 21 weeks, which I am very excited to say my mommy is coming out for! So July 14, people. Hopefully we will find out if it is a little Amelie or a little Elliott (final spelling to be determined) hanging out in there.

Which brings me to "Omelette". If you haven't heard the story, Danny came up with it right when we found out we were pregnant. It's sounds like "Amelie" and "Elliott" together. Hence, the Omelette blog!

If you are still reading, thanks for reading this super long post! I have much more to say, especially about the OB, and hopefully when Danny is not swimming in sketches and splines he can get some male perspective on here. Later!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I am excited to see your blog and will have fun keeping up with the pregnancy. Happy to hear things are going well so far. You guys are in our prayers. We miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get there! I love becoming a grandma,or whatever name I decide to be called.

    ReplyDelete